Prepared for anything life throws at you – that’s Spartan Fit.
– Joe De Sena, Founder – Spartan Race
The Fitness Industry is Broken
We’re sold on fancy machines and high priced equipment. But we don’t need that stuff. In reality, the best “gym” isn’t a gym at all. As Zach Even-Esh says, “The gym is everywhere we look, it’s all around us.” At Conviction Fitness, we don’t believe in using elliptical trainers or yelling at you while sitting on a stationary bike. Those are great ways to burn calories. But they won’t change your life.
We run on trails and hills. We lift sandbags and kettlebells. We carry big rocks and heavy buckets. We climb ropes and monkey bars. We crawl on the ground and hop over walls.
We train outdoors, breathe the fresh air, and have a ton of fun doing it.
Sitting Inside All Day is Boring
Our lives have become so sedentary and boring we don’t even realize it. We’ve forgotten what it means to move and be active. We tell ourselves that because we go to the gym three times a week that we’re “active”. But sitting at a lat pulldown or jogging on a treadmill isn’t going to fix sitting at a desk all day. And it sure isn’t going to make you a better athlete.
Our Spartan SGX program is about putting an end to this unhealthy, sedentary lifestyle. You were made for more than this.
Get In Great Shape, Join an Amazing Team, and Have the Adventure of a Lifetime
Here’s what you can expect when you sign-up for our Spartan SGX program:
- Get in amazing shape, become a real athlete again
- Have fun in a friendly, team environment
- Nutrition coaching from a Precision Nutrition Certified coach
- Learn the basics of Obstacle Racing and Mud Runs
- Different exercise options, catered to every skill level
- Be challenged in fun, new ways
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
– Oscar Wilde, Irish Playwright and Novelist
Conviction Spartan SGX
Our Spartan SGX program is top notch. We literally wrote the book on training for Obstacle Course Racing.
- 80% of our Elite racers qualified for the Spartan Race World Championships
- Over 70% of all our racers qualified for the Obstacle Course Racing World Championships
- Both of our Competitive Division athletes finished in the Top 10 in all of Canada
- We helped several athletes new to the sport complete their first Trifecta
In 2017, our team accomplished the following:
- Introduced a number of new athletes to the amazing sport of obstacle racing
- 17 Spartan Race Trifecta Finishers (many with multiple Trifectas)
- Two Spartan Race Sun Peaks Ultra Beast Finishers
- First Place Team at the Red Deer Spartan Sprint and Super
- First Place Team at the Calgary Spartan Sprint and Super
- Second Place Team at the Spartan Race Canadian Championships
- Five podium finished at Spartan Races in Canada
- Five of our athletes earned their Spartan Race World Championships Coin
- Twelve of our athletes qualified for the Obstacle Course Racing World Championships
- One athlete finished 8th at the Obstacle Course Racing World Championships
- Mens Relay Team finished 10th at the Obstacle Course Racing World Championships
Is Conviction Spartan SGX For Me?
If you have a positive attitude and the desire to work hard, you’ll fit right in. It doesn’t matter what kind of shape you’re in, if you’ve got the right attitude we’ll get you where you want to go.
With this program we’ve helped people lose weight and get off medication. We’ve helped change the lives of individuals and families. And we’ve helped inexperienced endurance athletes reach the World stage, racing on NBC.
This program is life changing.
If you want to feel like an athlete and are ready to put in the effort, this is the program for you. There’s no telling where it will take you.
A True Family
Signing up for our Spartan SGX program is like joining a family. Our group is supportive and caring, and we help push each other to reach our goals. We believe that working out should be a family affair. While we don’t offer child care services, we encourage our athletes to bring their kids (or pets) to our outdoor training sessions.
When your kids see you working out, they’ll want to do it to. It’s the best way to develop a strong, healthy family.
Obstacle Course Racing
Obstacle course racing is the fastest growing participatory sport in the world. In 2014, more people ran obstacle course races (Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, Mud, Sweat, & Tears, etc.) than 10k’s, half-marathons, and marathons combined. And if you’ve ever run one, you know why. Obstacle course racing is fun, challenging, and the adventure of a lifetime!
Our Spartan SGX Coach
The Conviction Spartan SGX program is lead by Certified Spartan Coach Riley Nadoroznick. He is a best-selling author and two time Spartan Race World Championships competitor.
Riley combines his multiple certifications with nearly twenty years of training experience to help others reach their health and fitness goals. As a lifelong student, Riley is devoted to improving his knowledge through countless hours of reading and studying the latest health and fitness information.
Spartan SGX is the official training program of Spartan Race, the world’s leading Obstacle Course Race series. This program is built around training for complete fitness. During a Spartan SGX workout you can expect to crawl, carry, climb, hang, jump, lift, lunge, pull, push, run, sprint, squat, and more. Everything you did as a kid. Everything your body is designed to do.
We utilize aspects of the Spartan SGX program to help our athletes reach their health, fitness, and life goals.