Giving back to the community is important to us. Every year we make it a priority to find creative ways to combine fitness and charity, helping to make our community a happier, healthier place for all.
Here are a few of our past contributions:
- Our team was able to donate over $2,100 to the Prairie View Community Association for a new fitness trail through the Casino Regina Charity Championships.
- Several kids joined us as Conviction Fitness members rucked the Santa Claus Parade with toy donations for Carmichael Outreach Center and Santa’s Anonymous
- In our first RucksGiving event, the Conviction Ruck Club rucked just over 6km with packs full of potatoes, hams, vegetables, and frozen turkeys to donate them to Carmichael Outreach for their Thanksgiving meal.
- The Conviction Ruck Club rucked around Wascana Lake while picking up trash and shoveling out statues, benches, and seating areas as part of the Travis Manion Operation Legacy.
- Through our 4th Annual Food Bank Beast, our group carried over 1,500 pounds of food 21+ km to the Regina Food Bank
- 2017 kicked off with our Help Out With Hill Sprints challenge. During this challenge, our team ran over 2,190 50-meter hill sprints to raise donations for Carmichael Outreach.
- During the summer of 2017, we raised money for a family in need with our Conviction Bar Crawl. During this event, we completed over 2,000 pull-ups over the course of 10 km.
- Our Third Annual Food Bank Beast was the biggest yet! This year, 20 of our athletes raised 1,891 pounds of food, then CARRIED it all over 20 km to drop it off at the Regina Food Bank.
- What seemed like a good idea at the time quickly escalated into a 24-hour burpee marathon in February. Our team collected clothing donations for the Saskatchewan Association for Community Living and promised to do 15 burpees for every item donated. We ended up doing nearly 34,000 burpees as we raised over 2,100 items for those in need.
- In the summer of 2016, we were able to help out Ignite Adult Learning Corporation in a big way when we took home first place and the accompanying $10,000 prize donation in the Casino Regina Charity Championships.
- Our Second Annual Food Bank Beast was another huge success. This time our crew raised over 1,300 pounds of food and carried it 20 km to deliver it to the Regina Food Bank.
- We held our first ever Food Bank Beast. During this event, we raised 897 pounds of food for the Regina Food Bank, then carried it 17.5 k to deliver it in person.